4.21.2005

Jews and Italians: The Moral - Spit out hot food.

I went to my first barmitzvah on Saturday. The service was rather impressive - regardless of the fact that 80% of it was in Hebrew, there was no translation, and it was two and a half hours long. I will revisit that some other day.

I also went to Buca di Beppo's for the first time that night. We went with a group from the barmitzvah - basically all of the family - and there were about 40 of us. The wine flowed like beer and the food flowed like (insert solid flowing thing here). I wasn't footing the bill and so proceeded to drink bottles of wine and eat till I was sick. It was awesome. Nothing like a nice spread.

So I took some of the food home as left overs. Included in those leftovers was a sizable piece of lasagna. I heated that sucker up for lunch on Monday at work and got it hotter than hell. Being the dip shit that I am I put a piping hot piece in my mouth. I was sitting in front of my G'ed up G5 and my immediate reaction was not to spit this hotter than molten lava food out (because it would have landed on my sexy white keyboard) but to swallow it.

I have now learned that it is possible to burn the shit out of your esophagus. It still hurts today. I didn't burn my throat, tongue or mouth. I swallowed that cinder of a piece of lasagna and it got lodged about halfway down to my stomach. I drank water as fast as possible but the damage was done. It hurt too much to eat monday nite. I am awesome.

1 Comments:

Blogger dmh said...

shalom.

10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home