4.28.2005

Rebuilding the Machine

I ran into an old moutain biking buddy of mine a few weeks ago. He has been riding alot. As a competent smoker - my friend smokes pot before he goes to work, when he comes home from lunch, most everytime before we go on any sort of a bike ride, he smokes in the middle of the ride, and as far as I can tell - well, there is never an excuse to not smoke. So we were talking about how much exercise we have been participating in and he said something that made me realize I am a pussy. I don't think we hold the same belief system and I think he assumes when we die its all over. He said, "Shit - this body is s rental anyway, I am going to get as many miles out of it as possible and beat the shit out of it." So I kicked it up a notch and have been getting at least three days of riding in a week.

In February I started working out three days a week at a gym (the gym is in the building my office is in and my boss pays for it - normally I would run kicking and screaming from any room with any exercise equipment in it). For those of you that knew me while I was in Cali I was a lard ass. I think I topped out at 225 or so. That is pretty heavy for a 5'8" shorty.

I am down from a size 38-40 waist when I got married a year ago to a 34.

My encouragement to all who may read. Exercise now - it will get you a few more miles out of that body of yours. I don't want to be here any longer than I have too - but if I am going to be here I might as well feel good and be in shape. Oh yeah - and if you are a real hard ass - just start exercising and don't stop drinking or smoking. It makes you feel cool. (Although - I have quit smoking - it just means you have to increase the drinking.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Seriously said...

i'm on the workout kick as well, hombre. drinking and smoking are helping with the workout process and provide maximum workout power.

12:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home